1) What is UltraTech FIXOBLOCK?
It is a versatile jointing material for AAC blocks, Fly ash bricks, Concrete blocks etc. It is premixed mortar that needs to be mixed with water for application.
2) What is the coverage area of UltraTech FIXOBLOCK?
The coverage of FIXOBLOCK will depend on the size of the block. It is approximately 250 sq.ft. for 100 mm blocks to 120 sq.ft. for 225mm blocks at 3mm thickness.
3) What would be the ideal water/FIXOBLOCK mixing ratio?
Water is to be used approximately 25% to 30% of the powder. Water is added in stages to get a smooth, uniform workable mix.
4) Does UltraTech FIXOBLOCK require water curing?
Water curing is not required after application.
5) What is the thickness of FIXOBLOCK Mortar?
The thickness of FIXOBLOCK mortar is only 3mm on application, it is far thinner than conventional mortar.
6) What is the tensile adhesion strength @ 28 days?
The tensile adhesion strength @ 28 days is 0.8 N/Sq.mm
7) What is the pot life of FIXOBLOCK?
The pot life of UltraTech FIXOBLOCK is 2 hrs
8) What are the main advantages of using FIXOBLOCK?
a) Pre-mixed, hence only water is to be added and applied. This saves time.
b) Thinner layer of application, so lesser shrinkage.
c) No curing required so subsequent application after 24 hours is possible.
9) Do we need to pre-wet the blocks?
Yes, it will ensure absence of all dust and loose particles if any and hence blocks will not absorb water from mix.
10) Does it stop water seepage/percolation through joints?